WHAT I'VE LEARNED!
1. No matter what happens, or how it seems today, life goes on, and tomorrow is another day!
WOMS: "YEAH! AND THEN TOMORROW COMES!"
2. Regardless of how you got along with your relatives, you'll miss them when they're gone!
WOMS: "H***! I DIDN'T MISS THEM WHEN THEY WERE HERE!"
3. Making a "living" is not the same as making a "life."!
WOMS: "YEAH, BUT IT SURE IS EASIER TO MAKE A "LIFE" IF YOU'RE "MAKING A LIVING"!"
4. Sometimes you get a second chance!
WOMS: "DUH! YOU WOULDN'T NEED A SECOND CHANCE IF YOU GOT ONE THE FIRST TIME AROUND!"
5. You don't have to go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands, You need to be able to throw something back!
WOMS: "HMMMM--LIKE ALL THOSE LEMONS SOME IDIOT TOLD YOU TO MAKE LEMONADE WITH!"
6. Whenever I decide something with an open heart, I usually make the right decisions!
WOMS: "I ONCE SAID THAT TOO--RIGHT BEFORE I GOT MARRIED!"
7. Even if I'm in pain--I don't have to be one!
"WOMS: THEN DAMMIT, GIVE ME SOMETHING FOR THE PAIN!"
8. People love a warm hug, or just a friendly pat on the back!
WOMS: "NEVER-MIND THE HUGS AND THE PATS--SHOW ME THE MONEY!"
9. People will forget what you said, they will forget what you did, but they will never forget how you made them feel!
WOMS: "ESPECIALLY IF YOU MADE THEM FEEL LIKE "BULL-PUCKEY"! ME--NOT ONLY WOULD I NOT FORGET HOW THEY MADE ME FEEL, THERE'S NO WAY IN H*** I WOULD FORGET WHAT THEY SAID OR WHAT THEY DID--THAT'S JUST THE WAY I AM!!
10. Every day you should reach out and touch someone!
WOMS: "TOO FRIENDLY COULD BE DEADLY--YOU COULD GET THE S*** KICKED OUT OF YOU!"
11. You can tell a lot about a person by how he/she handles a rainy day, lost luggage, and tangled Christmas tree lights!
a. "IF YOU FORGOT YOUR UMBRELLA AND GALOSHES--YOU'RE A DUMMY;
b. IF YOU TEAR YOUR HAIR OUT IN ANGER GOOF-BALL--YOU MIGHT GO BALD;
c. YOU WON'T NEED LIGHTS IF YOU GO GREEN AND SAVE A TREE--YOU COULD ALSO SAVE YOUR SANITY, AND YOUR FAMILY MIGHT EVEN THINK YOU'RE A HERO. DON'T COUNT ON IT THOUGH--IT DIDN'T WORK FOR ME!"
Well--there you have Opal in a nutshell. I have one more thing that I have learned:
I still have a lot to learn! Hmmmm, I wonder what Opal might say!
GOD BLESS! SEE YOU NEXT TIME!!