Friday, November 1, 2013

OH WHAT A BEAUTIFUL MORNING

HAPPY HALLOWEEN

I started my day early. Stopped by to chat with my friend Chance, then went to Mickey D's for lunch, after that I ambled on to the Wise & Healthy Aging Services where I had been invited along with a bunch of us elders to a Halloween party

The party was okay, but nothing to write home about.  They had some cookies,  potato chips, and punch, all of the things that most of  us shouldn't be eating.  Unfortunately, I succumbed to some cookies  and potato chips, while watching the ladies get up and dance to the oldie but goodies. 

If my legs worked better I might have joined them.  I did what I usually do...I chair danced.
After the dancing, Mario, our young host called everyone who was in costume up to the front. We applauded the best three. One for the best girl, one for the best guy,(there was only one guy), and one for best overall.

As soon as the party was over, I walked down to Ocean Boulevard, and sat on a bench in the sun. Actually I dozed off.  It was one of the most beautifully clear, sunny days I have seen since I moved here. There was not a cloud in the sky.

I saw Superman, Wonder-woman,Spider Man, and Bat Man.  I also recognized a few little angels, as well as a big one or two. Some guy went by with a box on his head, I never could figure out what he was supposed to be.  Oh, and there was The Cat in the Hat. Just about any Halloween character one could see, I think I saw that day. 

I worked my way up the path along the park until I came to Ocean and Wilshire Blvd. I went up Wilshire until I came to CKP (California Pizza Kitchen), and had my favorite cup  of Split Pea soup.  The nicest part of that treat, was that when I went to pay the bill, the young man who had served me had told me that he was new. He said, "I'ts alright ma-am, you're good to go. He paid for my dinner. I'm glad that I had at least left him a tip.

If any of you have ever had a cup of soup at CKP, you know that it is more like a bowl. the first time I had soup there and asked for a cup, I thought the waitress had made a mistake. I said to her, "Miss, I asked for a cup."  she said, "That is a cup ma-am."  We both laughed, and I asked, "How big is a bowl then?"  She laughed again, and said, "BIG."

After I left the restaurant, I stopped at Whole foods and picked up some items I needed.  All-in-all, I had a great day.

That was yesterday, Halloween.  Today is the first day of November and it has been another very beautiful  day in Santa Monica. I am so blessed!

I will have to leave you with the funniest story that I had heard yesterday. After I got home and turned on my computer, I went on to Facebook. One of my FB friends told us that Her husband had dressed their dog up for Halloween, and she hadn't come home from work yet.  She said, that as soon as she arrived home, she opened the door, and screamed.  She was so frightened that she literally s---her pants (her words). The dog was dressed up like a giant Tarantula.  I don't blame her for being scared.  She showed a picture of the dog in costume. I would have probably had the same reaction. It was one of the most clever costumes I've seen in a long time. HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

GOD BLESS!!  SEE YOU NEXT TIME!!









No comments:

Post a Comment